Air Filters Categories
- Air Cleaner Filters
- Filter Media Rolls
- Polyester and Fiberglass Air Filters
- Pleated Air Filters
- Carbon Filters
- Cube Filters
- Electrostatic Air Filters
- Electrostatic Mini-Pleat Filters
- Extended Surface Filters
- Fan Shroud Filters
- Filter Media Pads
- Filter Pad Holding Frames
- HEPA Air Filters
- Link Filters
- Mini-Pleat Filters
- Paint Collector Filter Pads
- Panel Filters
- Panel Holding Clips
- Pocket Air Filters
- Steel Filters
- Air Filter Gasketing
- Trim-To-Fit Filters
- Air Handler 24x24x1 MERV 5 Fiberglass Air Filter - 5W504 Product Code: #C1139743Special Price $5.81 List Price $7.09
- Air Handler 24x12x22, MERV 14, Synthetic Pocket Air Filter, Number of Pockets: 3 - 6B668 Product Code: #C1140033Special Price $35.39 List Price $43.16
- Air Handler 16x25x1, Filter Media Pad, Fiberglass - 6U621 Product Code: #C1141160Special Price $0.84 List Price $1.02
- Air Handler 135 ft. x 48" Filter Media Roll, MERV: 7 - 4WZ66 Product Code: #C1138449Special Price $145.87 List Price $177.89
- Air Handler 22x22x1 Pad Holding Frame Galvanized Steel Frame Material - 5W074 Product Code: #C1139696Special Price $21.85 List Price $26.65
- Air Handler 15x24x1/4, Trim To Fit Foam Filter - 1W755 Product Code: #C1130488Special Price $3.57 List Price $4.35
- Air Handler 16x16x1, Filter Media Pad, Fiberglass - 6U626 Product Code: #C1141164Special Price $0.70 List Price $0.85
- Air Handler 14x25x1 Activated Carbon Honeycomb Air Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 6B861 Product Code: #C1140134Special Price $63.35 List Price $77.26
- Air Handler 20 ft. x 24" Filter Media Roll, MERV: Less Than 5 - 5W498 Product Code: #C1139738Special Price $16.18 List Price $19.73
- Air Handler 24x24x14, MERV 8, Synthetic Pocket Air Filter, Number of Pockets: 6 - 6B652 Product Code: #C1140022Special Price $36.25 List Price $44.21
- Air Handler 12x24x2, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 2W234 Product Code: #C1133980Special Price $6.28 List Price $7.66
- Air Handler 24x24x6, MERV 11, 100% Synthetic Media, Minipleat Air Filter Without Gasket, Single Header, Plastic - 33NR92 Product Code: #C1134519Special Price $174.05 List Price $212.26
- Air Handler 90 ft. x 36" Filter Media Roll, MERV: 7 - 4WZ72 Product Code: #C1138453Special Price $110.95 List Price $135.30
- Air Handler 24x24x2, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 2W235 Product Code: #C1133981Special Price $7.42 List Price $9.05
- Air Handler 20x24x2, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 5W515 Product Code: #C1139751Special Price $7.42 List Price $9.05
- Air Handler 20x24x1, Filter Media Pad, Polyester - 6B739 Product Code: #C1140068Special Price $3.28 List Price $4.00
- Air Handler 16x25x4, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 5W517 Product Code: #C1139752Special Price $13.57 List Price $16.55
- Air Handler 12x30x1 MERV 5 Fiberglass Air Filter - 5W981 Product Code: #C1139795Special Price $6.10 List Price $7.44
- Air Handler 20x20x1, MERV 8, High Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 6B938 Product Code: #C1140190Special Price $7.14 List Price $8.71
- Air Handler 20x25x1 Carbon Impregnated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 6B880 Product Code: #C1140143Special Price $22.15 List Price $27.01
- Air Handler 20x22-1/4x1, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 6B993 Product Code: #C1140231Special Price $6.18 List Price $7.54
- Air Handler 16x16x2 MERV 5 Fiberglass Air Filter - 6U690 Product Code: #C1141170Special Price $5.61 List Price $6.84
- Air Handler 20x20x2, Paint Collector Filter Pad, 15 Grams Fiberglass, Package Quantity 50 - 2W001 Product Code: #C1133969Special Price $54.32 List Price $66.24
- Air Handler 24x24x6, MERV 14, 100% Synthetic Media, Minipleat Air Filter Without Gasket, Single Header, Plastic - 33NR88 Product Code: #C1134515Special Price $179.85 List Price $219.33
- Air Handler 25x25x1, Filter Media Pad, Polyester - 5W096 Product Code: #C1139714Special Price $3.10 List Price $3.78
- Air Handler 20x25x4, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 2W237 Product Code: #C1133983Special Price $14.59 List Price $17.79
- Air Handler 16x25x1, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 5W510 Product Code: #C1139747Special Price $5.85 List Price $7.13
- Air Handler 12x12x1, MERV 7, Standard Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 4E505 Product Code: #C1137411Special Price $3.81 List Price $4.65
- Air Handler 12x12x1 Pad Holding Frame Galvanized Steel Frame Material - 5W082 Product Code: #C1139703Special Price $17.34 List Price $21.15
- Air Handler 20x25x2, MERV 8, High Capacity Pleated Filter, Frame Included: Yes - 6B930 Product Code: #C1140184Special Price $8.08 List Price $9.85
Keep indoor air clean and safe with a huge selection of commercial and consumer grade air filters from Sustainable Supply. Maximize air quality with the right products for your application including pleated air filters, disposable filters, air cleaner filters, HEPA air filters, and many other top-selling categories. Choose from the industry’s leading industrial air filter manufacturers like Air Handler, Dayton, and Filtrete.
The Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) at your facility can have a profound impact on employee health. According to the United States’ Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air quality is routinely 2-5 times worse than the air quality outside. In extreme circumstances, IAQ can be up to 100 times more polluted, and when you combine that fact with the realization that approximately 90% of our time is spent indoors, IAQ is something that shouldn’t be ignored by facility executives.
At the center of good indoor air quality is proper air filtration.
Buildings generate pollutants that range from the air drawn in for the HVAC system to gaseous buildup and more. Air filtration acts as a first line of defense for the occupants of the building and for the HVAC system. Swirling about in the air we breathe is a lengthy list of undesirables:
- Lint, dust, & pollen
- Dust mite debris, mold spores, & pet dander
- Smoke, smog, & bacteria
In addition to the health of employees, filtration impacts the health of the overall HVAC system -- a significant investment for your business. Air filters reduce the amount of dust and other particles reaching the wet coils used for cooling, which then prevents those contaminants from becoming food for mold that can accumulate on the coils and in the ducts. In addition, clogged filters can slow the airflow, causing the system to work harder, or produce an uneven air flow which also impacts overall performance of the system.
Therefore, a building’s HVAC air filtration system provides tangible ways to improve IAQ and energy efficiency - two critical forces bearing down on the bottom line. In fact, the right filter media strategy can even help buildings become “greener” and meet various green building rating system criteria.
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has developed two HVAC industry standards that characterize air filtration:
ASHRAE 52.1-1992 - This standard was designed to measure a filter’s pressure drop and dust holding capacity. The higher the pressure drop, the lower the air flow to the HVAC unit, which will result in more energy required to operate the system. Additionally, a filter with higher dust holding capacity will result in a filter that lasts longer.
ASHRAE 52.2-1999 - This standard measures the fractional particle size efficiency of an HVAC filter.
The particle size efficiency of a filter can be measured in three ways:
MERV Rating (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) - The only rating system created and regulated through the standards set by ASHRAE. MERV rates the capacity of a filter to capture and hold dust particles. The MERV rating system is the primary rating system used in the industry in the United States and internationally.
MPR (Micro-Particle Performance Rating) - An MPR rating applies to a filter’s ability to capture airborne particles smaller in size than 1 micron. The MPR rating system was created by 3M and is used solely with 3M brands, including Filtrete.
FPR (Filter Performance Rating) - An FPR rating measures a filter’s capacity to capture large and small particles, as well as the filter’s expected lifetime. The FPR rating system was created by The Home Depot and is used solely on The Home Depot brands, including Honeywell.
Though a direct comparison of these three rating systems is difficult because the metrics used are different, cross-referencing and research suggests the following:
|6||N / A||300|
The goal of ASHRAE 52.1 and 52.2 is to encourage the development and end use of filters that produce a lower pressure drop while maintaining high particle capture efficiencies, which ultimately provides the ability to improve IAQ and reduce electricity costs simultaneously. For a facility in need of a reduction in energy costs, switching to a lower pressure drop filter is one of the easiest and low-cost solutions available.
HVAC systems, on average, account for 40 percent of a commercial building’s electricity consumption while standing on the front lines of indoor air quality, so selecting the right filter for your system is one of the most important, and least expensive, decisions you can make.
Air Filters - size chart
Measuring an air filter to find the proper size is important. There are two different terms when is comes to measuring – nominal and actual. “Nominal” serves as the area of the filter’s application, while the “actual” is represented by measuring the filter’s length, width and depth. If the actual size of a filter is 18-1/2” x 20-1/2” x 1-3/4”, the nominal size would be 19” x 21” x 2”. Round the "actual" size to the nearest whole number to figure out the nominal measurement.